Donate your old bike to Wolverhampton Bike Shed, and here’s what will happen…
- First we’ll thank you for your generosity and community spirit.
- Then we’ll arrange to collect the bike from you, or you can drop it off at one of our Saturday repair sessions.
- We’ll inspect the bike and see what work needs doing.
- We’ll then assign the bike to a mechanic to make repairs.
- If the bike is beyond repair, we’ll still try and make the most of it by stripping it for spares.
What happens to recycled bikes?
- The bikes that are given a new lease of life are then sold to people in the local community, usually for between £10 to £60 depending on the type of bike.
- Donations of cash and sales of recycled bikes all get ploughed back into the Bike Shed and are used to by new spare parts to repair even more bikes.