Those of you who have followed us for some time will know that we have had a hiatus of late and have not been at the Bradmore Recreation Ground much since before Christmas 2017. The reason is that we were unable to use the building for a while.
Wolverhampton City Council have been renovating the building that we use and so we have been unable to meet as usual for some time. The renovations are complete, and there is now a fabulous space for the Bike Shed, the Bowling Club and the Friends of the Rec to use.
This Saturday 9th June, we are meeting again for the first time in months, and you’ll have to bear with us as we get used to where things are. We are not going to be able to offer quite the same service as before, but we hope it will still be one that will help you get the most from cycling around Wolverhampton.
What we will always offer:
- Friendly free advice – whatever your question, even if we cannot help you directly, we’ll likely know someone who can, and will point you in the right direction.
- A cuppa – whenever we have access to the Kettle, we’ll offer you a cuppa!
- Our time – Our heart is to make a difference in the community.
What we can offer now:
- Bicycle M-Check – a health check for your bike.
- Puncture fixes
- Brake adjustments
- Tire Change
- Seat Adjustments
What we cannot offer (for the time being at least):
- Bike sales – For the time being we do not have space to store bikes for sale.
- Complicated repairs – Some of the more challenging tasks we used to do may not be possible at the moment.
- Collection of donations – Again limited storage means that we are currently unable to take donations in the way we used to. We now can only take donations of bikes that are in near working condition. We’ll always offer sage advice on their condition, but please don’t be offended if we politely decline or suggest you support your local scrap man!
The Wolverhampton Bike Shed is powered by volunteers – If you’d like to help out, please make yourself known to us!