The Bike Shed is powered by volunteers. Without volunteers we are nothing and cannot help our community to get on their bikes and get on with life.
Here are just a few reasons why our volunteers come and help out on a Saturday Morning:
- I love tinkering with bicycles.
- I want to learn more about looking after my own bike.
- I have done formal bike mechanic training, but I want to get more experience.
- I want to make a difference to my local community.
- I love people and delight in making a difference in their lives.
If you want to add to the reasons that people volunteer at the bike shed we’d love to see you. Some of the roles where we can always use an extra pair of hands:
- Meeting and Greeting – we need people who can greet our visitors and take some details about what needs doing to their bike.
- Hospitality – We offer everyone a drink visitors and volunteers, hot or cold, and sharing beverages and biscuits is a key part of our sessions!
- Mechanics – Whether you want to learn new skills or have existing skills you want to share, if you want to take bikes apart and put them back together, then this is for you!
If any of these take your fancy, then all you have to do is turn up one Saturday and say Hi! You can also use the contact us page to get in touch and find out more.
We hope to see you soon!